Saturday, May 21, 2011

Soho to Trafalgar Square Walk

Lorraine and I also decided to run this one as well! This one wasn't my favorite walk - there wasn't a whole lot to see that I was super interested in, but like anywhere in London, it was still enjoyable to experience it. It was cool while we running around to see places that I recognized and be able to orient myself; this walk was close to the Bloomsbury walk and so I was able to feel somewhat familiar with that section of the city. And once we could see the pillar from Trafalgar Square I was really able to orient myself and have a lot of those "Oh now I know where we are!" moments. Some parts of the walk were new too though. Even though this area isn't as shifty as it used to be, I could still tell that this wasn't the most wholesome, family-friendly area and I'm glad me and Lorraine ran here in the morning. But! It was also really cool to be able to run through Chinatown. I didn't even know this part of the city existed and I'm so glad we got to go through it! It smelled amazing the entire time and it was really interesting to see different types of shops and food places that you don't see anywhere in London - I feel like this really was a whole different side to the city.

Lorraine and I took photos on her phone, but unfortunately, her phone got stolen :(

No comments:

Post a Comment