Saturday, May 14, 2011

Central Parks Walk



For this walk, we went through the major parks of central London: Kensington Gardens, Hyde Park, St. James Park, etc. I went with Sarah and Mckenna and we decided to do this walk by bike! This was the best decision ever. It only cost a pound to rest the bikes from the bike stations they have around the city. It was so awesome! We still got to see all the sites and fully appreciate being outside without getting super tired from walking the whole way. It made it so much more enjoyable and I feel like I was able to appreciate the sites even more. We went in the evening and it was beautiful to see people strolling around the parks. I decided one of my favorite spots on this walk was along the Serpentine river, right near the fountains and by the the Peter Pan statue.

It was exciting because I had never been that far east in the parks before. There were more parts that were just wide open spaces and had paths across huge spans of grass. I loved seeing so many people running and biking and we actually saw a lot of people rollerblading, which I was really jealous of. It was the perfect temperature, the perfect time of day, and everything was just beautiful. I kept thinking how perfect it was to just be leisurely bike riding around the parks where every view you see is the perfect scene.

1 comment:

  1. I never rented bikes while I was in London--what a great idea! I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete