Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Inns of Court Walk


So for this walk, I decided to run it by myself. I went running on Tuesday morning and it was sunny and beautiful. I read through the description of the walk in the book first before I started, and to be honest I wasn't that excited. All of the sites and landmarks the books described I didn't really recognize and they didn't seem to be too interesting. However, I ended up absolutely loving this walk. This walk was seriously gorgeous - it basically epitomized everything I love about London. And it was also really cool to see some of the landmarks pointed out by the book.

I really liked seeing the Old Curiosity Shop - one of the oldest shops in London and made famous by Charles Dickens. And it was cool to go to the different Inns - Gray's Inn, Staple Inn, Lincoln's, etc. However, what I enjoyed most were all the picturesque streets and gardens that could be found in random corners on this walk. So many streets were lined with brick houses and black lampposts with flower boxes lining all the windows. There seemed to be just flowers everywhere. I loved the small squares that had lots of roses and fountains: Gray's Inn Square, there was one in between Old Square and New Square street, and my favorite was the grassy garden area just south of Middle Temple Hall. So gorgeous!!

1 comment:

  1. Em! Look at you go! All this stuff looks so awesome!
    P.S. You really are tan.

    ReplyDelete